julie-header_zpshsulwtl6
 photo home_zps9vjcvuqz.png  photo contactus_zpspkuylm1n.png  photo aboutus_zpsyueddcnp.png  photo featuredon_zpst6xhuwqo.png

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

"Eye Scream" Halloween Party.


The puns for what we themed this Halloween party could go on and on. We chose to keep our color palette dark with pops of green and incorporated as many eyes into the design as possible. A year ago, as I was walking through Ikea to pass the time before I had to pick up my two children from school, I discovered Halloween party items on clearance! Even with the limited storage space in our apartment, the party planner in me could not pass up the opportunity to pick up some well priced party supplies.


We invited friends over for a small playdate to keep things simple. We planned activities like pumpkin painting, and other fall themed crafts. We asked for everyone to come in costume, and it was fun seeing what our friends came dressed up as.


We pulled our dining room table outside and set up the party on our back patio. I need to remind myself that humidity and cotton candy do not mix well. The same rules apply to buttercream icing and ice-cream! We served fresh Granny Smith apples, mummy cupcakes, pistachio ice-cream, an Oreo chocolate cake, skull chocolates, cotton candy cups, and kiwi juice.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips